It’s Saturday night and my Bean has a cold. Which means she completely wiped me out by noon today. Thank god Scorch was a rock star all day because if the both of them were at their worst at the same time? I think my head would have popped clear of.
Because my brain is fried, I’m going to talk about the little things that I’m thankful for right now.
– The fact that working from home allows me to work in yoga pants & fuzzy slippers in front of the fireplace with a cat (or two) on my lap.
– Hershey’s syrup. I would not survive without a daily cup of hot chocolate.
– TV & my DVR. The Hubs works crazy hours and while there are certainly more productive ways to spend my time, at the end of a long day nothing makes me happier then curling up to watch Terriers / The Waking Dead/ Friday Night Lights / True Blood. With the aforementioned hot chocolate, of course.
– The local bounce house that will be completely empty at 10 am tomorrow morning so I can let my crazy kids have an hour to run/bounce/scream all their energy out in the hopes what will make the day the day a little bit better for us all.
– Harry Potter. Both the books & the movies.
– Books in general- I simply cannot imagine a world in which there are no books. I read 2-3 books (typically mental-floss fictions novels) a week. How boring my life would be without them.
– Facebook where the friends I so sweetly wrote about a few days ago can remind me of the height of my embarrassing tween years- the year I wore a frankle to fix my teeth. A time so embarrassing I blocked it out- only to have it mentioned publicly for all to remember.
Happy Saturday, all!