2013 was a mess in a million small ways, 2014 was the year of change with new jobs and routines, and 2015 was the year we got our feet back under us. I settled into my new jobs and we figured out a routine that more or less works for us 90% of the time. It wasn’t exciting or adrenaline fueled, but it was exactly the year we needed it to be and for that, I’m so very grateful.
That doesn’t mean that 2015 didn’t have it’s highlights. FL in March, the Outer Banks in June and NJ and Niagara Falls in August were all amazing. My parent’s 40th anniversary. School concerts and new sports for the kiddos. Old friends, new friends and family weddings. There were so many moments of joy and contentment and love.
And now- now it’s time to see what 2016 brings.
I’m not huge on resolutions or proclaiming that I’m turning over a new leaf on January 1 because that’s not how I roll. But there are some things I’d like to do in January:
- I want to travel some place new to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary
- I want to be the best Mom I can be
- I want to do something that scares me
- I want to keep nurturing my marriage so it stays strong and healthy
- I want to make a difference at work
- I want to make sure my friends and family know how much they are loved
- I want to keep nurturing my friendships because they, in turn, nurture me.
- I want to run 3-4 5Ks
- I want to read until my eyeballs hurt
- I want to continue being as healthy as I can be.
So, here’s to a new year. A fresh start. A fun beginning. I hope 2016 brings more happiness than sadness, more laughter than tears and more love than your heart can hold.