It’s been a long week. A looooong week.
Big doings at work have left me drained. Lots of stress and anxiety and worry as good friends got some really crappy news.
There are also big changes on the home front brewing. Thankfully those changes are good ones- but change of any kind is stressful.
The kiddos are doing wonderfully, but have had their sets of challenges this week as well. Scorch is learning to navigate his way socially at school and while he’s rolling with it, Mama is struggling watching him figure things out. And Bean? Oh, the Bean. Earlier this week she learned how to get OFF her diaper while still wearing a onsie when she should have been napping and she made a mess in her crib. Thankfully it’s been a one time only deal- but lord only knows when she’ll strike again!
My brain is too fried to do a huge well thought out post, so I’m just going to tell you the simple things in life I’ve been loving this week:
– Tonight it was putting everyone in their PJs by 5:30, eating breakfast for dinner and reading the new library books with the kiddos. Having both kids asleep by 7:45 doesn’t hurt either.
– Good books- since joining the library again, I never have a shortage of books at my finger tips and that makes me happier then I should admit in public. Good books are better then chocolate to me and that’s saying something.
– My fireplace. Snow is *gasp* in the forecast tonight and my fireplace is much appreciated tonight.
– My Mother-in-law who is giving up her weekend to help The Hubs with the kids so I can go to my sister’s house with my mom to start getting things in order for their up coming arrival!
– The fact that Hubs has to work late tonight so I can go to bed at 9 without any guilt.
Happy Love Thursday to you all. Let’s hope next week is a better one!